True Bod Adult Gymnastics has just launched at Sydney Gymnastic & Aquatic Centre (SGAC) in Rooty Hill and is perfect for anyone looking to change their fitness routine or take it to the next level.
SGAC sports the largest fitness facilities in Western Sydney and True Bod is an excellent addition to the extensive facilities already available.
True Bod employs the principles of elite gymnasts, utilising Gymnastic Strength Training TM system to develop amazing levels of strength and mobility throughout the body.
The program is tailored specifically for adults who are keen to change their training regime, add to it, or try something new. It’s also designed for those who are eager to target different areas of the body and build overall strength, develop muscles and improve their physique (get cut)!
Similar training is used by competitors on shows such as Ninja Warrior where they tackle extreme obstacle courses, employing their strength, fitness, coordination, flexibility and skill.
One of True Bod trainers, Travis, will actually be competing in the upcoming Australia series of Ninja Warrior!
There are currently six program types for participants, with more programs to be added throughout the course of the year. These are:
- STRETCH – where the focus is on mobility, strength and flexibility, all of which are important for gymnastics, through upper and lower body stretching.
- FOUNDATIONS – where participants develop their upper and lower body strength through strength training. This class is suitable for beginners through to experienced athletes.
- HANDSTANDS – designed to improve your inverted shoulder endurance and strength while increasing mobility and also strengthening your core. Who wouldn’t want to be able to do a handstand!
- CONDITIONING – expect to get a bit sweaty in this class where the focus will be on building strength in both the lower and upper body through high reps and maximising blood flow.
- INTRO TO GYMNASTICS – this class is tailored specifically for beginners and people requiring assistance who want to learn new things relevant to True Bods. A great way to get started.
- OPEN GYM – a one hour gymnastics program where participants have a structured class for 30 minutes, followed by “free time” to work on any skills they want to improve.
Travis Edwards, one of the True Bod trainers, said, “I’ve been doing gymnastics since I could walk, so being able to help people either new to gymnastics or who may have stopped after school is fantastic.
“It’s great to help people get stronger, fitter and more flexible while making them feel great in their bodies. I’m really excited for the future of True Bod Adult Gymnastics.
“There is nothing like True Bod in Western Sydney and it’s great to be part of bringing something I have loved for so long to the public.”
For anyone undecided if True Bod is for them, there is great news – True Bod are currently offering a completely free 7 day trial so you can see for yourself, though we are sure you’ll love it. True Bod aims to help people to get their body feeling great in a fun and challenging way.
If that’s not enough, SGAC’s facilities are second to none. SGAC has state of the art weights and equipment, a dedicated 25 metre lap pool, a steam room, crèche, and private fitness studios. Personal training, small group classes, group fitness and Les Mills classes are all part and parcel of SGAC’s offerings.
For more information or to sign up for a FREE 7 day trial, please visit www.truebod.net