We are looking for a casual (2-3 days a week, with potential full time role when you graduate for) Sydney based PR Account Coordinator to join our hardworking and ambitious team. Based in Darlinghurst, this role is a great transition for a university student looking to make the leap into their professional PR career, working with a dynamic team for clients within hospitality, technology, property and corporate industries.
Your role will include but not be limited to:
- Drafting media releases, media alerts, social media posts and any other copywriting requests
- Post campaign coverage reports and quarterly activity reports
- Engaging and managing influencer partnerships and influencer activities
- Preparing a Bango blog post each week based on client activity and Bango’s current work
- Generating content for Bango social media (Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIN, Blog)
- Providing effective administration support and completing assigned tasks to deadlines
- You have completed or are working towards a degree in pr, communication or journalism
- You have strong written communication skills and can easily adapt content for different channels
- You are up to date with trends and the current media landscape
- You have the ability to multi-task and think autonomously
- PR agency experience is a plus but not vital!
If you are looking for an experience like no other, in a team that is constantly building each other up and achieving incredible results, then look no further.
Apply today by emailing Mish (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a press release on one of the following topics (no need to include a CV or cover letter, just let her know in the email whether you have any relevant experience):
1. The opening of Bobs Bondi Burger Joint - Where you can get tasty AF 10 stack patties on a rainbow unicorn bun (oh and they make you sneeze glitter)
2. The new tech startup, Aerophobia, that is offering teleporting for nervous flyers with a cost of only one million dollars per flight
3. Survivor Finale viewing party where everything is survivor themed someone wins a million dollars**Just kidding about the million bucks, you win a $100 Thirsty Camels voucher, think of the Rose**! Get creative with what that could include.
The top 3 candidates will be invited in to the office for a PR Survivor Challenge:
You will have 1hr to sit in our office on Slack (our internal messenger) to team Bango where you will be asked to draft a press release whilst being thrown all kinds of typical PR curve balls on our internal messenger:
IE "Hey can you please find that contact for the GC local Burleigh paper, I need it like now sorry!" "OMG LOOK AT THIS BABY GOAT" "Can you please draft a FB post for this event and push it out across the clients' and Bangos' accounts by COB today" "Hey do you want another coffee, i'm going to go get one" "Hey when you get a second **LOL, you never have any seconds but you smile and say surrrre** - can you please send me that release we did for the burger joint in April? Can't find it **You didn't even look did you**" "Can you please see what press that new startup has got so far" " Can you please pull together a targeted media release for baby goats" "Can you please read over this release for grammar, i'm too close to it" " can you please put a post up for the Bango 'gram?" "What are we doing for lunch? i'm starving, i want chocolate... do you have any chocolate" "OMG YOU GUYS - and then he said this..." "when you get a second - **biartch I still have no seconds but** - surreeee"
Applications close COB 7th October 2017